Site Crawlability:If a search engine robot encounters an unexpected dead end, it can cause problems for your SEO. According to Matt Cutts, formerly of Google, crawlability is the number one factor for preventing indexing problems on Google. Site crawlability is one of the most important factors when it comes to website structure. Crawlability refers to a search engine’s ability to crawl through your website’s entire text content to figure out what your website is all about. Part of this process is navigating through subpages and individual topics to understand the website as a whole. A web page has to be able to take a visitor someplace else within the website, from one page to another, in order to be considered crawlable. Search engine robots are responsible for website crawling. An important tenet of good website crawlability is that there are no dead ends while crawling through your website. So how does one improve site crawlability? The easiest way is to make a concerted effort to include internal links on every page, which creates a bridge from one part of your website to another. Breadcrumbs and related posts can automate the process of site crawlability and internal linking.
Internal Links:The basics of proper navigation dictate that users should be able to get from one page to another without any difficulties. If your website is large and has many pages, the challenge is making these pages accessible with only a few clicks, using navigation alone. Usability experts claim that it should only take three clicks to find any given page, but use this advice as a guideline instead of a rule. Categorize and organize links in a way that won’t wreck your website structure. Internal linking works by using keywords within your content and linking these keywords to another relevant piece of content on your website.
The advantages of consciously using internal links for SEO are numerous:
- Internal linking allows search engines to find other pages through keyword-rich anchors.
- Internal links decrease page depth.
- Internal linking gives users an easier way to access other content, which can result in a better user experience.
- Search engines are giving greater value to internal links with regards to ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs).
User Experience:The usability standards that today’s website are held to are much stricter than in the early days of the Internet. If a visitor comes across a poorly built website, they will make efforts to avoid interacting with it further. Additionally, nobody wants to waste their time on a website where they’re not sure what to do next. If a visitor can’t figure out how to find the information they’re after, they will seek it out on someone else’s website. A bad user experience can have a negative effect on SEO. How searchers interact with a website is interpreted by Google for future search results. Click-through rate, time spent on site, and bounce rate are all signaling factors to Google’s algorithm. Statistics indicating a positive experience validates the search results to Google. Statistics indicating a negative experience tells Google the page may not be the most relevant or useful for that query, and Google will adjust the search results accordingly. The basics of providing a good user experience include:
- Aligning click-through with expectations
- Making desired information easy to find
- Ensuring that navigation makes sense to the point of intuitiveness
Duplicate Pages:Duplicate content is really bad for SEO because Google interprets it as spam. A focus on high-quality and unique content on the SERP clearly defines how your website must be structured for ideal SEO. Google’s Search Console is a useful tool for finding and eliminating duplicate content on your website. It may be possible to repost duplicate content on LinkedIn or Medium but do so with caution. As a more general rule, don’t post duplicate content on your website, or anyone else’s.
URL Structure:One of the most basic factors relating to how website structure affects SEO comes back to the URL structure. A few things to know for proper SEO:
Extraneous CharactersHave you ever encountered URLs with characters like: &,$,#,%, or @? If the URL has a lot of these special characters, it makes it difficult for search engines to crawl the website. For better SERP rankings, use underscores and dashes to define individual words in your keyword phrase. Using dashes in between words separates them, while using underscores will make two words into one word. In general, eliminate any unnecessary characters to focus on the keywords in a URL.
URL Length:Quicksprout shares the following about the optimal URL length (information):
- URLs ranked in the top 10 results on average contained 37 characters.
- URLs ranked in the top 50 results on average contained 36 characters.
- URLs ranked in the top 100 results on average contained 38 characters.
Conclusion:For best results, build in proper website structure when it comes to SEO efforts. Even at the beginning stages of a website’s conceptualization, it’s important to plan ahead for content to come. It’s not hard to see how website structure affects SEO, so make sure that your efforts don’t begin and end with keywords! If you have additional thoughts on how website structure affects SEO, we’re continuing the discussion on Twitter. Tweet your thoughts at @voxilltec, and we’ll share our favorites! Via: SearchEngineJournal
Social Media Connection:The trend of social media apps increasing as it offers great connectivity to people to stay connected with their friends and relatives all across the world. Allow your users to connect easily with your app draw them to proceed in your app. In order to raise social graph swiftly, leveraging existing social connections work efficiently. Accelerating login process will have more chance to reduce abandon ratio. Allowing users to perform an initial process with complete ease increase their interest in your app. Moreover, users always approach apps with user-friendly navigation with advanced functionality.
Choosing the Popular Platform:Nowadays, iOS and Android are the most popular platforms that widely used globally. Hence, choosing the popular platform with throughout testing on different devices becomes a necessity in order to make app seamless and increase its reach to a global audience.
Customize Use Profile:In social networking, people are always keen to make their profile impressive to enhance their reputation in social groups. In the social media app, normally users prefer to make their profiles with activities, interests, status, mood and other updates as well as occasionally upload photos, video and other stuff related to recent trends, festival, events, etc. Hence, with common information such as user id, nickname, name, bio data, and other personal information, customize profile picture, catchy slogan, personal interest, etc. helps users to enhance their credibility and improve identity. Moreover, app developers can offer attractive fonts, styles and combinations to make a custom profile appealing.
Building a network of Friends/Followers:The app allows users to easily invite friends with only a click. There are two popular models help to create connections are friends and followers, known as private and public network. For building social media app, developers should comprehend a user graph allows users to connect with friends quickly. In addition, follower helps users to increase social strength.
Notification and News Feed:The social app gives power to users to express their views and enhance their social capabilities and responsibilities. Enable to make user’s network activities in a single view. Allow them to share content, stories, update status, upload video/audio, presentations, images, etc. Push notifications, leave suggestions, news feed, email, rates, reviews becomes powerful tools in social networking to make an app popular. News feed increase possibilities to create rich content flow from the user’s network and followers as well as include content such as posts, photos and videos created by users. Functionalities such as comment and like increase interactivity between users. Thus, feed becomes the most essential features in social networking app helps people to motivate each other.
Security, Support and Updates:Mobile app developers should consider thoroughly about the prime important factors regarding privacy and security of users’ personal information. Moreover, consistent support and regular update become vital for the development of a long-lasting app. Updating app with advanced features and functionalities as well as fixing bugs, if any, helps your users to stay connected for long term.
Integration & Interaction of Social Media:In order to established connection in social networks; groups, messages, email, content based connections, as well as recommendations, search and other features comprises key importance. Integrating existing services help in gaining excellent user experience of communication. In addition, interacting with social networks such as personal networks (Whatsapp, Facebook), professional networks (LinkedIn), multimedia sharing networks (YouTube), micro-blogging (Twitter), etc. helps users to stay connected with their existing network as well as boost their social activities in the global. Choosing the Most Precise feature Framework make impacts on the Success of your Social Media App: For development of a successful social media app, a mobile application development company has to make strategic planning right from the conceptualization of an app to its development & intellectual marketing and successful launch. Moreover, design strategy, support and maintenance of an app plays important role. Choosing a perfect communication model to design an app makes an impact on selecting essential features for your app. Selecting popular platform such as Android and iOS helps in increase performance of an app, proffer complete access of built-in services as well as enhance user interface and user experience. Considering MVP (minimum viable product) helps in cost-effective development as well as market the product quickly. Comprehending your target audience and content becomes a prime concern while selecting the communication model to build a social media app. Make precise planning to enhance your app popularity and fix strategic plans for its periodic upgrades to implement its with recent features that gives user engaging and amazing experience. Selecting right features based on your communication model influence user engagement, retention, and overall growth of an app. Therefore, development of a social media app by an expert and professional app development company helps in setting an accurate feature framework.
Conclusion:Social media app development needs great expertise, experience and know-how to comprehend the mindset of the target audience in order to make it successful for long-term. If you need to develop a long-lasting social media app, hiring a professional mobile app development company having a team of veteran app developers can accomplish your purpose to turn your innovative app idea into a business-driven app.
How will your app make you money?There are a lot of steps to take before getting there, but the final step is no doubt choosing a monetization system for your app. A common mistake made by app developers is that they don’t think of this aspect until very late into the project. You wouldn’t be the first one to be sitting idly with a finished app and no idea how to sell it. The result is a poorly applied business model that results in your app not meeting its monetary potential. Let’s break that down for a second. In app marketing, there are multiple ways in which an app can produce revenue and depending on what kind of app you create, the best one can change. It might be more efficient or profitable to release your app under a “free but featuring ads” model, or straight up charge a fixed amount for each download. Having two versions of the app, one free and one paid but with certain benefits is also a popular formula. This must be something that you evaluate and turn over in your head as you develop the app, not after you’ve finished it so that you hinder both the release date and income.
Related blog: Google’s Mobile First Policy May Benefit Your Business
Budget Managements and Resource Distribution:The way you manage your budget and how you make use of your resources will determine how the final product will look like as well as what impact it will have ( and on whom, for that matter). There are several cases of great apps that never see the light of day because the developers plan their budget in a very sloppy manner and so they run out of funds before development is complete. Another similar example is putting all your money into the app itself with no more funds left for promotion and marketing strategies. There is also a reverse situation where you have a killer marketing campaign for an app that you can’t actually build because, guess what? You spent your entire budget on a killer marketing campaign. Such things differentiate the success stories from the “almost there’s and “what if”s.
Rigidness and Unoriginality:If your app focuses on doing only one thing, and that thing only, it might live out a short success followed by a sudden drop. No matter how terrific a function is, it eventually gets old, outdated, or outdone. This is why it is important to make sure that your app is capable of bringing multiple elements to the table. Sure, you might have sought to create an app that does one particular thing very well, and you’ve succeeded. But if you want to keep building on that success you need to expand your horizon and start thinking of new ways the app can serve your customers. Let’s keep looking here for a second, specifically at errors that occur in what apps provide. If you make an app that achieves the same purpose as other existing apps, you need to make sure you bring something new to the table. Often times people release apps that approach the same successful concepts as already popular apps, but not as well. This is a sure way to make sure that your time and effort are wasted.
Conclusion:That being said, developing a successful app is never an easy task. There are a lot of elements that are out of your control such as current trends or user tendencies, but there are also lot aspects you can directly influence. Making sure you do everything in your power to succeed and that you avoid errors that can cost you a lot will prove decisive in the end.
1. Creative Elements:Your business has visual elements that make it stand out from your competition. Use that to your advantage in your marketing efforts. Whether it is a logo, mascot, font, or color scheme, having it included can help make your brand recognizable. You want to catch the eye of the audience, but you also want to maintain their attention and have them remember your brand. Incorporating unique and creative visual elements into your ads is crucial to the success the ads will bring you. Sarah Maloy, Content Marketing Manager at Shutterstock points out that you want a variety of creative images, but they should be consistent:
“When advertising on social media, it’s important to refresh your creative often so that it is relevant and so that users aren’t seeing the same post more than once. When testing variations and trying out new campaigns, look for images that have a consistent aesthetic so that your overall social campaign will feel familiar, but not repetitive, to users who may come across more than one ad. Overall, you want to make sure your social ads tell a cohesive story, and that the image aligns with the copy, which aligns with the CTA or link content, which of course should align with your branding.”
-Sarah Maloy, Content Marketing Manager, Shutterstock
2. Spend Wisely:Each platform used to market online provides you with a different value. You need to analyze which outlets you should invest more time and money into, and which ones are not as imperative. Some platforms that work really well for one company, yield little to no results for another. It is all very specific to your brand, and you need to plan your budget accordingly. Determining what each platform is going to do for your specific advertising efforts should be the basis for the decisions you make with your campaigns, explains Hitesh Sahni, Marketing Consultant at Smemark:
“It’s imperative to understand the value each channel offers. Search advertising platforms, such as Google Adwords, work best when there is a clear demand for your product or service, and you want to target people who search for your product or service online. Search advertising is less effective for a startup that has created a new and innovative product never before seen in the market. Or for something that most people buy at brick and mortar stores and rarely search online. In these cases, you want to create demand from scratch. That’s where Facebook fills the gap. Facebook users fill out their profile with demographic details and other interests. This means you can target people who are likely to be interested in your business, whether they are searching for your business or not.”
-Hitesh Sahni, Marketing Consultant, Smemark
3. Do Your Research:You may have ideas for what is going to work best for your audience based on past experience with your ads, but taking the time to conduct thorough research and have data to support your actions is important. You may anticipate that your customers will behave a certain way, when in fact they go in a completely different direction. It’s essential to be prepared for this ahead of time and use the information you collect from research to plan your marketing strategy. Elliot Simmonds explains this concept below:
“ A lot of people use sponsored posts and other paid advertising, and it seems that many are happy to simply pay the money and watch the views and clicks roll in – even if some of those clicks are from individuals tangential to the product or service they’re promoting. Most platforms allow you to specifically target your sponsored posts and ads, and my tip is to do so following a period (even if it’s only a short period) of actual research. Your gut instinct might tell you a lot about who your clients are, but you should also take the time to find out for yourself – which profiles of consumer spend the most? Who are the ones who return time and again? Where are more of your clients based?”
-Elliot Simmonds, Lead Consultant, Rippleout Marketing
4. The Buyer Process:Understand the buyer journey and what you need to present them with at each stage of the process to more effectively reach users. There are so many detailed options when it comes to viewing buyer analytics. You can see each step a visitor takes throughout your website, how much time they spent on each page, and even what pages caused them to possibly leave. Use this information to cater your digital marketing to those audience members so that you can make the process simple for them, and beneficial for you. James Kirby, PPC Specialist at Blue Fountain Media, highlights the importance of this:
“Start targeting users who are near the bottom of the funnel. For instance, in-market audience targeting allows Google to observe user history to better understand where they are in their buying phase. This will then allow retailers to target potential customers who are further down the funnel and are close to making a purchase. Currently there are 492 different market audiences to reach. Targeting methods like this are often overlooked by marketers and retailers so it’s important to take advantage.”
-James Kirby, PPC Specialist, Blue Fountain Media
5. Know Your Target Audience:Fully grasping who your audience is, and how to best market to them is critical. You need to know who you want your buyers to be before you try to market to them. This is an important step in any marketing strategy whether it be on or offline, and it is a clearly defined aspect of your brand that you can keep referring back to. Sean Gallahar, Social Media Director at i7 Marketing explains the importance of clearly defining your target audience when you’re beginning your digital advertising campaigns:
“When it comes to digital advertising it is important to remember that for any business to be effective, they need to know who their audience is, which social media sites their audience spend time, and then they have to make sure to be able to provide content for the platforms their audience spends time on. When it comes to marketing through social media, Facebook is definitely leading the race because they have the best options to define who you want to market to and you can set whatever budget you are comfortable with. Facebook also allows you to target your audience based on up to 10 interests of your audience. This is why it’s important to have a defined target audience, you have to know what they like to do and what they want so you know how to create content that will capture their attention.”
Sean Gallahar, Social Media Director, i7 Marketing
6. Connect Social Media Metrics With ROI:To see which efforts are working best, you need to be able to tie your data back to the direct result it produces. When you are marketing online, you are reaching a diverse group of people, and that needs to be taken into consideration when measuring your results. You need to look at what is promoting engagement with your company, versus what is actually driving conversions. To develop a reliable social media attribution strategy, Harpreet Singh, CEO and co-founder of Kvantum, says that a brand needs to consider these key factors:
“1. Your social audience is not a single undifferentiated blob of people trying to friend others or find deals. They can be divided and defined into distinct behavioral groups with distinct missions, when interacting with your brand. 2. The social channels represent a living, breathing group of people voicing opinions and responding to world events. They are in constant flux. Developing a capability to monitor this in real time and responding to it with agility is critical to being relevant to the social conversation. 3. Just because there are more likes or more shares does not mean that the consumer is going to walk into a store and buy. While there is some correlation, there are many other factors in play like paid or organic social, cross-channel effects, size of target audience, social interaction themes, competitive social media, etc. A brand needs to connect the social media metrics with hard metrics like sales, ROI, registrations and leads.”
-Harpreet Singh, CEO and co-founder, Kvantum
7. Leverage Facebook:According to a study from eMarkter, 80% of small and medium-sized businesses haven’t used ads for Facebook. Jayme Pretzloff, Director of Marketing for Wixon Jewelers, says that Facebook is a great advertising space for small businesses, and stresses the importance of exploring this channel:
“Facebook has allowed you to take word of mouth to a whole new level. Now, more than ever, recommendations from friends have a huge impact and can sway even the most cautious consumer. To do this, you have to get in front of your clients-past, present and future. We know that Facebook followings don’t happen overnight for businesses so how could we possibly assemble a tribe in a short period of time in an effort to jump start your social media presence? Facebook has a great advertising model in place that enables small businesses to advertise to very specific target markets very easily and without breaking the bank. Even with a modest investment, you can reach your clients and get them on board. Facebook can be a powerful advertising tool if used correctly. Make sure to try out some ads, test them out and figure out what is going to work for your organization.”
-Jayme Pretzloff, Director of Marketing, Wixon Jewelers
8. Integrate All Marketing Channels:To reach your audience effectively, you need to have consistent messaging. This means making sure that your ads are integrated across various platforms and giving users the same message, regardless of the platform. We know each social media outlet has a different vibe and feel to it, so you need to take the time to get your digital efforts to match each site, while still maintaining a unique yet consistent voice for your brand. Adam O’Leary, President of Encite Marketing, details this idea:
“The best digital advertising tip we can share with business owners is to ensure that your campaign is integrated with your other marketing channels. An integrated marketing campaign will garner much better results than any single initiative. For example, Facebook Ads work really well on their own when promoting a sale or publicizing a new product, but it works much better when supporting another marketing channel such as email.”
-Adam O’Leary, President, Encite Marketing
9. Geo-Fencing:The relatively new venture in digital advertising holds a lot of promise for marketers—especially those in the B2C space. It allows you to target customers in a whole new way based on their physical location, in the hopes of naturally guiding them to your business. Andrea Mocherman, VP of Marketing at Gravit8 Marketing explains how geo-fencing can be effective for a variety of businesses when it comes to driving sales:
“What is increasingly becoming more and more effective tool for marketers is utilizing geo-fencing in combination with digital advertising to engage consumers at the right time, with the right message to drive in-store traffic. These types of campaigns typically generate three times the amount of foot traffic and produce a 27 percent increase in sales on average. What makes geo-fencing so powerful for marketers is the ability to target consumers based on their interests and engage them by delivering offers that will push them down the path to purchase. Geo-fencing allows marketers to draw a virtual fence around any address or point of interest and send a notification when a customer crosses that line. Whether it’s a small business owner or a large retailer, they can use this technology to grab a customer’s attention before their competition does to deliver timely offers that will drive in-store traffic and ultimately revenue.”
-Andrea Mocherman, VP of Marketing, Gravit8 Marketing
10. Optimize Product Listing Ads:Product listing ads should have all the elements that users want to see when they do a search. You don’t want potential customers to have to go and do more research at the risk of losing interest, so answer any questions they may have up front. Any information that could be beneficial to the purchase process, include it! Enhancing these ads will ensure that they stand out explains Monica Cabaniss, PPC Associate at Blue Fountain Media:
“Take the time to build a product feed that gives a detailed description of your products so that they can be presented well in PLA’s on Google, Bing and now Facebook. Pairing a product picture with the product description on a search results page will add visual appeal to the normal text ads.”
-Monica Cabaniss, PPC Associate, Blue Fountain Media
Ultimately, digital advertising can be the key to success for any company looking to market effectively to the appropriate audience. If you’re looking to enhance your tactics, and widen the scope of your current practices, try integrating these techniques into your digital marketing strategy. While employing these tips should help improve your overall ROI in the present and near future, remember to continuously be eager to learn about the changes and fluctuations in digital advertising, regardless of the platform or channel that you are on. Being proactive about it and keeping on top of trends and updated will set yourself apart from your competition. Via BlueFountainMedia.
What’s The True Price Point Behind A Successful SEO Marketing Strategy?Search engine optimization, commonly referred to as SEO, is a widely used Internet marketing strategy that helps to bolster the awareness of a brand, build a list of targeted traffic and promote a company’s performance in Google, Bing, Yahoo or other search engines’ search results. Businesses are always looking for ways to spread the word of their product or service. There is no doubt how beneficial SEO can be. However, the cost to carrying out your company’s SEO strategy is going be dependent on two things:
- The kind of strategy to be put into place
- Company’s goals
Internal Hires:If you hire an internal SEO team or specialist, you’ll pay more upfront for the training costs. However, if you have a large corporation or have a very detailed strategies list you need to put into action, this is one option to consider if you’re going for a long-term strategy. When you’re trying to find the right candidate, you need to look at the skills they have. Do they have knowledge in any of the following:
- Analytical mindset
- Technical SEO
- Link building
- Content marketing
- Social media
Content Marketing Agencies:These kinds of agencies provide an array of SEO services along with their other service offerings. These agencies don’t focus solely on SEO, which is why you need to find out if they have the technical knowledge to handle your strategy. SEO services may be bundled with their packages, which could increase the cost. This option is worthwhile if you’re looking to do several marketing tasks at one time.
Dedicated SEO Firms:Firms that focus primarily in SEO usually have the most industry experience because they constantly use and test the latest SEO techniques in various industries. Larger firms hire specialized staff to make sure their SEO challenges are dealt with. Dedicated SEO firms provide an array of services and have a range of pricing options that will cater to your company’s needs including:
- Hourly consultations
- Project-based contracts
- Monthly contracts
What Kinds of Costs Can You Expect With SEO:The amount of money your company spends on SEO is going to be dependent on two things:
- Organization’s needs
- Service provider’s experience level
$500 or less per month:When it comes to paying for SEO services, you really need to be wary of a company that offers their services for $500 or less unless you’re a local company or your website is small. The reason is that these companies focus their efforts on link building, hire overseas labor and do just the general on-site technical work. This may be well and good for local companies who want to show in Google Local or Yelp, but not good if your goal is to use a keyword that’s got a lot of competition behind it.
$1,000 to $5,000 per month:Small companies who don’t have a lot of SEO demands or have easy target keywords can do well on paying within this range. However, lower costs often equates to inexperience or lack of real results. SEO demands continuous content creation, good link building and real focus on improving conversions, accessibility and usability. It’s very hard to find a company that provides these services within this price range.
$5,000 to $10,000 per month:In this price range, you’re liable to come across more experienced SEO companies that have a proven track record in regards to success, which is necessary if your company will invest in SEO. This price range ensures you get a company with a dedicated SEO team that uses professional content managers, copy editors, web development experts, account executives, analytics experts, link outreach specialists and conversion specialists. This type of team ensures you get the support you’re looking for.
$10,000 to $20,000 or more per month:Companies that have ambitious goals usually work with SEO companies or partners within this price range. After all, the SEO team or partner generally handles everything from beginning to end. With this kind of price range, a senior SEO team is generally reserved and the investment made tends to bring in significant results, as the project is fully funded and ensures more opportunities. If your company is in a competitive market, this type of investment is typical for the first year or so. Some companies spend more than $100,000 a month for SEO when they decide to target the lucrative keyword spaces.
Fixed Price or A La Carte Contracts (Contracted Services):What are your SEO needs? Well, this will be dependent upon four things:
- Where you’re currently at in SEO techniques
- Your site’s size
- Your competitors
- Your objectives
- Link profile audits ($2,500 or higher) – dependent upon the link profile size
- SEO/website audits ($1,000 to $3,000) – dependent upon the site’s size and audit depth
- Link building ($250 to $2,000 for each link) – dependent upon quality and tactic
- Per page implementation and optimization ($100 to $250)
- Copywriting ($0.75 to $1) per word
Hourly Consultation ($100 to $300 per hour)If you want to work with an SEO consultant, you could spend more than $100 an hour for a professional that can produce results for your company. This price range is extremely competitive but you need to be mindful of the “too good to be true” consultants. Bear in mind that SEO specialists are an investment, and you don’t need to cut any corners. Be sure you find a consultant that’s had a good track record and will deliver what you’re looking for. You can find less expensive consultants, but they are generally not as experienced and tend to take longer in getting you results.
Employee Costs ($50,000 to $120,000 or more a year)Your company may have continuous needs that demand certain attention that can be dealt with internally. However, you can always hire the experience of a manager or SEO strategist. The salary of an SEO employee is generally based on geographical location and experience. For instance, an SEO director at a large San Francisco tech company can make nearly $200,000 a year. What should you pay for an SEO specialist? Check out websites like Glassdoor and Indeed for your region. Now, it’s possible that some solutions may not be in within your company’s budget or be the right thing for you. However, whatever option you decide to go with, the results you get need to be based on goals and time to generate a positive return on investment. For most cases, employing a marketing or SEO manager to have on staff is a sensible thing to do. However, if you have really ambitious goals, it may be a good idea to outsource some parts of the work. This is especially true of link building and web copy, as these are often time consuming and dedicated.
5 Things to Watch Out For In Choosing Your SEO SolutionWhen it comes to picking the right SEO solution for your company, you want to do a little bit of research to ensure you get the right partner to attain results. What kinds of flags should you be on the lookout for so you know to steer clear?
1 – Claims of Immediate Results or Overpromising GuaranteesIt doesn’t matter how good an SEO consultant, agency or specialist claims they are, they don’t need to make promises of guaranteed instant success. A well-thought-out SEO strategy could take up to six months to see any positive results. When you choose your SEO provider, you want them to explain everything about how they will attain the goals you have and how long it’ll take them. If you have a complex strategy, results could take up to a year to be seen.
2 – Be Apprehensive Regarding Link Building StrategiesIf you come across a strategy that recommends you buy large amounts of email lists, followers or link, be apprehensive of them. For the short-term aspect, they could help boost your SEO efforts but it could actually damage your website’s reputation. Google, Yahoo and other search engines are always on the lookout for suspicious SEO activity, and if they find it, they’ll do one of two things:
- Penalize your website
- Blacklist the website
3 – Low Market Value Costs ChoicesIf an option seems too low with a deal you can’t pass it, it may be a sign that the person or agency doesn’t have the experience necessary to provide you with positive results. That’s not always the way it goes because some newbie SEOs are trying to build their reputation and will offer their services for a lower price to get established. The best thing you can do is ask them about their lower prices, and see if they’ll provide you with the names and contact information of their previous clients so you can make an informed decision.
4 – Costly Resolutions with No Prior Track RecordWhen it comes to SEO options, some options are going to cost you more than others. However, the solutions offered need reasons to be higher in price. When you look at these expensive options, be sure you ask for references and proof that they’ve garnered success. Bear in mind that you want campaigns that are closely related to yours. You’ll need a comprehensive proposal centered on the goals you have. Ask them to explain why you should consider their services over other SEO options that are available.
5 – Other Companies Have Seen SuccessDon’t ever fall for the assumption that a certain SEO spltion is going to work for your company just because it’s worked for other companies or your competitors. Every company has their own unique set of goals and needs, and if you limit your options to one solution, your business could suffer significantly. For instance, content marketing may work for a startup company but that doesn’t mean a local retailer will see the same kind of results. When you’re trying to find the right SEO solution, you don’t need to consider just price. While people are typically motivated by numbers, you need to weigh the pros and cons – don’t make rash decisions. In order for the right decision to be made, you need to have a solution that goes within your budget, is on target with your company’s goals or needs and can ensure a measurable return on investment in due time. What do you anticipate in terms of paying for a worthwhile SEO solution? What kinds of goals does your company have that an SEO agency or specialist can assist you in attaining? What do you feel is the most important part of SEO – what should you consider – to find the best possible solution? When you know the answers to these questions, you can weigh the pros and cons of each possible SEO option and make informed decisions.
A well-designed brand identity rolls your company forward, increasing momentum in recognition:There aren’t any missing parts in a sturdily-built brand identity. Like a unified puzzle, all of the pieces fit firmly into place. Fonts, color schemes, your tagline, and logo are vital components of your brand identity. Common mediums for displaying your brand identity are business cards, stationery, website, and marketing materials. Solid, well-organized branding lays a foundation for long-term business success.
Consistency Strengthens Industry Position:Strong brand identities visually communicate reliability and trust. By contrast, weak, inconsistent branding leads to confusion and distrust. Be on the winning side. Make sure your branding is consistent and extends to all your marketing materials. It helps your customers and prospects identify your company regardless of its campaign. Soon, they’ll associate your brand identity with stability and dependability.
Makes Business More Profitable:Science Direct published a research paper about the impact of “brand identity.” The paper stated that having a brand identity could lead to “great financial rewards.” This is especially true when the perceived brand image and a company’s goals for its brand identity match or closely align. When this happens, the company’s brand identity policies become more streamlined. The result is positive monetary outcomes in less time. The bottom line: Brand identities designed using guidelines and then tested, measured, and improved, lead to economic gains.
Conveys Company Personality:Brand personality is a perception within the mind of the consumer. Because of this, yo u’ll want to convey your company’s personality in a certain way. Accomplish this by defining the heart or mission of your business. It may show ruggedness, sincerity, sophistication, or excitement, for example. Know how you want your customers to feel about your brand. Get assistance by turning to an experienced professional. Be ready to describe your company’s core values and desired perception.
Increases Brand Equity:Brand equity is the extra value a company receives from being a recognizable brand. High brand equity is always a positive thing. For instance, if a consumer recognizes your brand by its logo and then shortly afterward buys a product or service from your company, you’ve increased your brand equity. Your brand equity continues to grow if a consumer refers someone to your company and that referral makes a purchase. We know that when consumers select one brand over another, it’s because of the superior quality of the products, services, and the customer experience. However, it’s the identifiable branding of elements such as your logo and other things that make your company easy to recall in a consumer’s mind. When they’re ready to buy, they think of your company first. Great branding keeps your company in the forefront of their minds and this boost your brand equity. When companies ignore the process of branding, they lose out on sales. The emotional connection between their audience and their company gets lost. In the minds of many consumers, generic brands are inferior and referred to as low quality. That perception is so strong that some consumers won’t even consider generic brands when making a purchasing decision. If your company lacks a brand identity that’s uniform across all your marketing materials, it may be unrecognizable and perceived as “generic” to your prospects. It’s too risky to leave it to chance. VoXill Tech can help your company develop a strong brand identity, one that’s memorable and unique. Just like DNA, no brand is like yours. We’re here to help you convey that fact to your target audience. Call us at +92342-9900007 today or fill out Contact form on our Website or use Live Chat facility directly on our website.
- Design the logo for your website – The web designing company has to work closely with your business firm on the design of the logo. This is very important because it will project the brand as well as your company identity. You cannot ignore the value of a unique logo as it becomes the very foundation of your business.
- Design the layout of the homepage – You will have to give them some ideas and cooperate with the web designing firm to arrive at a particular look and a feel with the landing or the home page for your business website.
- Design the layout of the inner pages – This will be closely linked with the colours and the layout of the homepage of your website.
- Convert the photo shop layouts into CSS and HTML for images that are web-optimized.
- Develop the back end database.
- Identify the keywords and keyphrases for your website for search engine optimisation – There are various tools that can be used to identify select key words and key phrases that may become relevant for your particular field of business to increase the chances of visitors finding what they are searching for, when they browse your website. The formation of the content and its layout is half the work done for your website.
- Combine the selected content with programming and offer templates.
- Prepare for search engine submission and all reciprocal and relevant link exchanges.
How Does Google Work?According to Google, the web today is made up of billions of websites consisting of over 60 trillion individual web pages, and that number is growing every day. Google (and other search engines) work by crawling the Web, following links from page to page. Site owners can tell Google what to crawl, but Google also does a fine job on its own.
Google then sorts the pages based on their content (and hundreds of other factors), and maintains this data in what’s called “the index.” The index is Google’s massive database of all metadata on the Web. As you search for something, Google uses a number of programs and formulas (algorithms) to determine what you are trying to find (spelling, auto complete, synonyms, and much more). Based on these clues, Google pulls the relevant web pages from the index. Then Google ranks the results using more than 200 factors (such as content quality and freshness) to provide you the best possible matching results.
Related Blog: Online Marketing With Voxill Tech.
Why is Ranking Important?When people talk about search engine optimization, they are usually referring to improving the SERP ranking of your website. The SERP stands for Search Engine Results Page, that’s the results listings page returned by a search engine in response to a keyword query. Ranking high on that page is the ultimate prize, and SEO is the process of getting there. People rarely go past the first page of search results. More often, they just look at the first three to five results. Consider the following distribution of traffic in Google based on positions in search results:
- 32.5% of all traffic
- 17.6% of all traffic
- 11.4% of all traffic
- 8.1% of all traffic
- 6.1% of all traffic
How Does Google Rank Websites?Google uses over 200 criteria to determine a ranking of a webpage for every keyword. Search engine algorithms are closely guarded secrets and there are armies of marketing and SEO professionals trying to reverse-engineer what affects ranking. We know many things starting with the quality and freshness of your content to load speed of your website and your activity on social media. One factor stands above all: link popularity. This is what made Google what it is today. Link popularity measures the number of other relevant websites linking to yours. In other words, the more other websites link to yours, the higher it is likely to rank. When another website links to yours, Google looks at it as a signal that there is something of value on your website. When you have multiple websites linking to you, Google sums up these links so the more links you get, the better. However, not every link is counted with equal value. The most valuable links are from websites that have high link popularity themselves. If a popular website links to yours, they transfer some of this link popularity to you. If the same website also links to websites other than yours, the value of the link to you is diluted and divided between all other websites.
How Does Google Determine Keywords?It all begins with a keyword. Someone types in a keyword into a search box and gets a myriad of results. We already talked about the importance of ranking high, but since search results are keyword-specific, how does Google know which keywords are associated with your website’s pages? Google analyzes the content of your website to determine the keywords. It looks at the text on your website, page titles and subheadings, navigation and even file names of your images and documents. In addition, Google looks at the keywords of the websites linking to you. If these websites are related or have similar content, Google considers these links as votes of confidence for a particular keyword. This is why related links from websites are typically better than unrelated links.
What Is Google Doing to Improve Quality?Google is continuously improving the quality and relevance of search results. After all, that’s what Google is all about. They see anyone trying to cheat the system as a threat. Deceiving, low quality or irrelevant content doesn’t align with Google’s vision of good user experience. That’s why Google combats SPAM by devaluing and removing websites that produce bad content or try to manipulate the system. Google openly fights the following types of SPAM: unnatural links, hacked websites, cloaking (displaying different content to search engines), content with little or no added value, parked domains, hidden text or keyword stuffing and a lot more. As you can see, Google does a lot to maintain the quality and relevance of search results, and you should adopt the same priorities for your website. The most effective and safest SEO strategy is to play by the rules.
1. Everyone Is On Mobile:We live in a world where smartphones have quickly gained popularity and expanded into every household and every type of economy. People need phones to communicate, go online, to chat, to listen to music, to watch movies, and to play games. I haven’t exhausted the list, I am sure many people put their smartphones to many other uses. It is an indispensable tool. Everyone has become dependent on smartphones and the dependency will only rise over the years. When we talk about numbers and facts, we can conclude that over 1.2 billion people access the web from smartphones or mobile devices. This is a number of approximately 80% of all internet users. It would not be wrong to say that majority are going online using their smartphones. This is the number one reason to go for a mobile optimized website for your business.
2. Users Behave Differently On Mobile:We can consider hypothetically that there are the same set of people behind both mobile and desktop. But they behave very differently when on different devices. Smartphones with lesser processing power and bandwidth ought to be more text oriented sites being viewed on them. But interestingly it’s the other way around. People on smartphones are known to use more of user generated content like YouTube, Instagram, Twitter etc. These social media channels have achieved a huge success by offering short videos and a lot of imagery. These short videos and images are key to capturing the mobile users attention. Capturing this traffic would necessitate having a mobile friendly website with a very well optimized design. This should help engage the mobile users craving for videos and images, and for user generated content. Let your content be easily accessible and shareable at the same time. Use social media icons in order to facilitate sharing your products & services with their friends and community. When people share your content becomes more credible to their friends and community and capture more eyeballs and in turn sales. This is why business these days are using mobile optimized websites as it helps share your visual media and also help generate more shares.
3. Users Switch Between Devices:Surveys have proven that more than 90 percent of the internet users change their platform or device in order to achieve a particular goal. This simply means that even after having most of your website conversions from desktop users can also engage with your website from a smartphone at any point of your sale process. This is simply because most of the people get bored while looking at the websites so they use phones to look at things that they find interesting. And when they get interested they switch to desktop for completing the purchasing process of the product that they have probably found on smartphones. Hence, if your website is not capable of responding to multi-screen sizes then you may lose most of your sales.
4. Half Of The Web Traffic Is MobileEvery website owner is looking to increasing their sales and traffic. As we all know that mobile users have increased many folds over the years, and it continues to increase everyday. There is indication that over half of the web traffic is accessed via mobile phones. This can be a solid reason why you need to have your website optimized for mobile phones as most of your customers use mobile phones for accessing the internet.
5. Mobile Users Buy More:Mobile users buy more services when compared to desktop users. A smartphone user can be accounted for the lowest dollar per transaction. For the small and frequent purchases, these mobile users are ideal. Like if you have something to sell below $10 or 15 then they can be the best audience for your services and products. Many of the mobile phone users who visit your websites can be interested in your product and services and can opt to buy those services. But for sales to happen, your mobile website should be responsive enough to handle that processing. Poorly designed websites that are not mobile optimized would probably loose out on all those sales, as their interface is built to handle transactions for smaller screens.
6. Lets You Get More Social:Use your website to build a huge social following. The mobile can help here as 91% of mobile use is for social use. The mobile is primarily used as a source for going online to their preferred social platforms and engaging in social activities. Advantage of having a mobile optimized website is that, you can tap into this potential source of unlimited traffic and users, and convert them into loyal customers and followers. For that the users should be able to seamlessly follow from the social media to your site and vice versa. And that can only happen when your site is mobile optimized and can be accessed with ease on all platforms.
7. Different Strategies For Mobile Landing Pages:For any website the landing pages are the main player in the conversion process. And how these landing pages convert can impact hugely on the revenue generated by your website. But the landing pages are way different in cases of desktop and mobile websites. Some of the basic things remain same on both the platforms, but mobile screens are not able to handle all kinds of bandwidth intensive visual representation that is employed on desktop screens. If your business demands more purchases and sales then you will need to create responsive landing pages suitable for mobile phones users.
8. Great Mobile Sites Help Differentiate Your Brand:Having a website specifically optimized for mobile phones is the greatest way to separate yourself from the competition. As of now many of the business websites are not optimized for smartphone. And about 54% of the business websites are not responsive. Most of your competitors would have un-optimized mobile sites and this could turn out to be beneficial for you. You can could tap the market where they are lagging behind. Optimizing your website for mobile devices is the best and easy way to gain an edge over your competition.
9. Google Favors Responsive Mobile Websites:Everyone knows the importance of search engines like Google for their business websites. These search engines are lifelines for tons of websites, as they provide them with huge organic traffic. This organic traffic in the long term is better than any kind of paid traffic, in terms of visibility and conversion. It also saves on huge amount of dollars that otherwise you would be paying to these search engine giants. A perfectly mobile optimized website has an advantage over non Responsive website. Google does favor sites that makes the internet a better place. And a perfectly mobile optimized site does just that. A when we say favor, it means a slight edge in organic traffic for your optimized site. Google keeps updating its major algorithms and enables penalties for websites that fails to meet its standards or violates them. And one of the recent updates in Google algorithm is about the growing importance of mobile responsiveness. Google wants to ensure that the web is more friendlier for mobile users. Therefore, the update ensures that perfectly optimized sites would be ranked even higher than before. And site that do not fit that bill, would be ranked lower than before. Hence, if you are serious about gaining more organic traffic then you must ensure that your site is mobile optimized.
10. Advertise Your Website On Mobiles:As we have already seen that smartphones offer a great way to building a brand value that is differentiates your business from your competition. But have you considered that mobiles can be a great medium to advertise your business online? People are already spending around 23 days a year on mobiles, and this is only going to increase over time. The dependence that people feel towards mobiles will only deepen as it helps you do more and more; replacing traditional tools like watches, calculators, flashlight, organizers, diaries, alarm clock etc. Well this should not be alarming for you though. As a business, this simply means more advertising opportunities, that is perhaps going to waste now. Unless, you are already taking advantage of it, of course. This is the right time to jump on the mobile advertising bandwagon, as there is a lot of untapped business potential here. But to take advantage of this opportunity, you website first should be mobile optimized. It should present the mobile users with a seamless experience. The users should be able to read with ease, navigate without confusion, the menu system should be easily tap able on the small screen. Then you can expect visitors to stay and buy your products and services.
FINAL WORDS:For many organizations, it has been a tough task to keep up with the changing technologies. And therefore, have not been able to convert their sites to a Responsive mobile optimized website. These websites do not display efficiently on all devices, and in turn loose out on a lot of business that they could otherwise tap into. Many are perhaps not even aware of all the benefits that their business can enjoy by catering to the mobile users. But this of course is changing now. Medium and small businesses in particular are understanding the potential that the mobile offers in terms of tapping into that growing market. It all starts with a site that displays optimally on all devices. To ensure that you are giving an optimal user experience to mobile users, you must ensure that following points are met:
- The site displays optimally on all screen sizes.
- No need to zoom or scroll horizontally.
- It is attractive and engaging.
- Navigation is easy throughout the site.
- Offer mobile menu.
- Buttons are easy to tap and are not overlapping.
- Provides good user experience?
- It is loading fast enough.